Arlington Community Education, Arlington
01/2018 - 06/2018
● Teaching beginner and experienced people who wants learn to sing, gain the right habits, and acquire the ability to sing in front of an audience.
SINGING, PIANO, GUITAR TEACHER,
Youth and Family Enrichment Services, Hyde Park
01/2018 - 06/2018
● Taught beginner and experienced young musicians of primary school instrumental and singing private lessons, funded by Boston Public Schools.
SUBSTITUTE MUSIC TEACHER
Parachute Teachers , Boston
09/2017 - 02/2018
● As a Parachute teacher, I wrote my own lesson plans and aim to give a memorable teaching experience.
● Taught primary school level to high school level.
ARRANGER, VOCALIST, ANNOUNCER
Berklee College of Music, Commencement Concert, Agganis Arena
04/2017 - 05/2017
● On stage in front of 7.000 audience including honorary doctorate recipients such as Lionel Richie, Grammy President Neil Portnow.
● One of 10 student arranger’s to transcribe, arrange and conduct their arrangements.
● One of the 3 male backup vocalists to sing and perform choreography.
● Had the honor to be chosen as the student to invite the audience to welcome Lionel Richie.
Berklee College of Music, Core Music Dept.
01/2016 - 05/2017
● Tutored in Jazz and Classical harmony, ear training, received the renowned CRLA II Certificate. Students in every level, from high school students who were enrolled to Berklee’s summer programs to senior students in their final semesters.
● Taught in Smartstart program -Entering students with less formal background- and students received the average of 86.20.
● Taught in Second Semester Success program -Students who have failed a core music class in their first semesters- and all the students have passed with grades of C+ or above.
● Represented the department in President’s Council Meeting, 04/2016.
Berklee College of Music, Mediterranean Music Institute
12/2016 - 03/2017
● Transcribed, arranger and co-produced the Institute’s annual 2017 concert, presenting the prestigious Aynur Dogan, under the direction of Matthew Nicholl and Javier Limón.
● Hired the band members and directly communicated with band members, directors and the artist.
● Planned and ran the rehearsals, and designed form diagrams of the songs for the video crew.
● Alongside the Institute’s annual concert, I gave a clinic about odd meters at Berklee, sponsored by the Institute in October 2016.
BAND LEADER AND DIRECTOR
Berklee College of Music, Berklee International Folk Music Festival
03/2016 - 03/2017
● Led the “Music of Turkey” section for two consecutive years.
● Researched and curated repertoire and arranged the anonymous and modern folkloric Turkish music.
● Decided the band members, communicated with band members, ran the rehearsals. Additionally worked on stage costuming.
● Sang lead vocals and played the traditional Turkish lute; baglama (or saz).
FOUNDER, LEADER, VOCALIST AND BAGLAMA PLAYER,
The Çay Party
09/2015 - 07/2018
● Founded the Turkish Music and Organic World Fusion Band, with members from Turkey, Canada, USA, Palestine.
● Wrote, and rearranged music, coordinated and run the rehearsals.
● Invited for special performances/pieces performed in various Berklee recitals, Northeastern University festivals, Turkish Music nights, and Turkish Consulate General of Boston receptions.
Jingle House, Istanbul
07/2015 - 08/2015
● Interned in the leading “Media Music Production” company in Turkey, preparing scores and organising recording sessions.
Berklee College of Music , Boston - Contemporary Writing and Production (Summa Cum Laude) 09/2014 - 05/2017
● GPA: 3.88 (3.94 in music courses). Dean’s List in all 6 semesters. (Graduated in 6, instead of 8 semesters)
● Recipient of Berklee Achievement Scholarship and Berklee Achievement Grant.
● Wrote and arranged for Berklee ensembles Middle Eastern Fusion, Contemporary Middle Eastern (Invited for these ensembles for scholarship service) and Qantara Ensemble.
● Represented my department in the CWP Student Concert 2016; Wrote, arranged and conducted one of the one eleven pieces that has been
performed –Gentle Testosterone-, a Rock-Funk Fusion piece about gender inequality-, concert took place at Berklee Performance Center.
Bahçesehir University, Istanbul - Industrial Design 09/2010 - 05/2014
● Graduated with an A grade, for project “Muse Catcher”, a product for creative musicians.
● Score writer of both plays of the University’s theatre club. (Bertolt Brecht, and Arthur Miller plays)
● Berklee’s Best Website Award 2017
○ Given the award for excellency in portfolio presentation online and the versatility, brilliance in the music.
● Berklee’s Mediterranean Music Institute Achievement Award 2017
○ Given the award for competence in Mediterranean music, and quality of the work as a performer and arranger.
● Musician: Vocalist (Western Pop, Rock, Jazz, R&B, alongside Turkish Popular, Traditional, Art and Classical Music), Fretless Guitarist, Baglama Player,
Keyboard Player, Percussion Player (Doumbek-Darbuka), Composer and Arranger for Contemporary Music, Big Band and Orchestral Music.
Computer Systems: Mac, Windows. Music Software: Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Sibelius. Design Related Software: Blender, Gimp, Darktable, Rhinoceros, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
Other: Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker Pro, Final Cut Pro.
● Languages: Turkish (Native Proficiency), English (Fluent Proficiency)
References available upon request